Dashboard doesn’t lie.
And, until it cools down, that’s all the narrative I can swing…
Turks use cacIk (pronounced JUH-juk) as a refreshing soup-able side or with additional water and ice and mint as a yogurt drink. I’ve used it also as a salad dressing. And thanks to my Uncle Joe, I had the sweetest garden-fresh cucumbers for this recipe!
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and grated
- 1 tbspn olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- peel, seed, and grate cucumber; lightly salt and put aside
- mix remaining ingredients in separate bowl
- mix together and chill
- serve with sprig of fresh mint or dill
For thinner cacIk (drink, soup, salad dressing), use a non-strained yogurt. For thicker, use a strained yogurt.